ASSALAM O ALAIKUM!
Allah ????? says in Qur’an:
“So remember Me; I will remember you; & be grateful to Me and do not deny Me” [Al Qur’an 2:152]
* Ibn-e-Abbas ??? ???? ???? ??? said that Allah ????? says:
“Remember me with pious heart & I will remember you by helping you.”
* A Hadees has been narrated as follows:
“Allah ????? says that if a believer remembers Me aloofly I remember him in the same way & if he remembers Me in group then I will remember him in a better group” [Sahiheen]
KINDS OF REMEMBRANCE
Remembrance is of three kinds:
* Zikr Bil-Jwarah
2. ZIKR-E-QALBI:This type remembrance refers to remembering the bounty (Nyamat) of Allah ?????.
Paying attention to His greatness & power, to His evidences & to the Islamic matters etc. are included in it.
3. ZIKR BIL-JWARAH:This type of remembrance refers to the devoution to Allah ?????. Travelling for Hajj is a good example of this type.
* The Nimaz is based on all the three types of Remembrances (Zikr):
¡) Takbeer, Sana & Tasbeeh are Zikr-e-Lissani.
¡¡) Inner purity & chastity are Zikr-e-Qalbi; &
¡¡¡) Qayam, Rukuh, Sajud etc are Zikr Bil Jwarah.
HADEES IN THIS REGARD
* It has been narrated in Hadees that whenever Muhammad ?? ???? ???? ???? had some problem, he would, at once, devout himself to the remembrance of Allah ?????.
This is the bounty (fazal) of Zikr-e-Ilahi. We should remember our Lord, not by body only, as most of us do, but also by heart & soul, with inner purity, so that we may find Allah ????? who is nearer to us more than Arota(Shah Rag).
Any mistake, on my part, if found, may please be forgiven.