- Candida: She is the main character of the play. She is a woman of 33. She is very attractive & has a charming personality. She knows well to use her beauty to get her ends. She is the wife of James Morell & mother of two children.
- James Morell: He is the husband of Candida. He is a healthy man of 40. He is a clergyman. He is also a socialist & an active member of the Guild of St. Mathews & Christian Socialist Union. He is a well ornate & is very popular. Every Sunday he delivers the lecture at the Church. He is constantly invited to different places for delivering lectures. Hence he hardly has time for himself.
- Eugene Marchbanks: He is the nephew of an Earl. He is a young boy of 18. He is a poet. He is very shy. Later on in the play, he falls in love with Candida, who is 10 years older than him.
- Alexander Mill (Lexy): He is curate to James Morell. He has just graduated from Oxford University. He has great respect for James Morell.
- Miss Proserpine Garnett (Prossy): She is the typist of James Morell. She is about 30 years old. She is secretly in love with James Morell.
- Burgess: He is the father of Candida. He is old & greedy. Previously he was a petty trader but became rich by making the workers of his factory work more & also by paying the lowest possible wages. He has no value for relations. He seeks for profit in everything.
- Other Characters These characters have no role in the play. They are found only in the talks. They are Children of Candida and Maria (the maid of Candida).