Essays can be of many different types. According to the subject matter, they can all be roughly brought to the following five types:
- Descriptive Essays
- Narrative Essays
- Reflective Essays
- Expository Essays
- Imaginative Essays
These essays give an account of substances in the animal and vegetable world; natural scenes; of work of art; of some person place or thing; character sketches (a postman, a School peon, a teacher etc); processes of manufacture of towns, buildings etc.
These essays relate to incidents and events, present or past, real or unreal; as, a street quarrel; a festival: a fair; a storm; a motor car accident; an imaginary journey in an aeroplane; a house on fire etc.
The reflective essay consists of reflections or thoughts on some topic of an abstract nature. Topics for reflective essays maybe:
- social political and literary as the place of women in society, caste system; child marriage; education; students and politics; untouchability etc.
- habits, qualities, feelings, as (regularity, punctuality, good manners, friendship, Heroism, patriotism, kindness, industry)
An expository essay is an explanatory essay. It generally consists of an explanation of some subject. Subjects for explanatory essays maybe:
- scientific topics: as radio, cinema, wireless, telegraphy etc
- literary topics: as the review of a book.
- institutions industries and occupations: press small scale industries photography gardening panting etc.
- Quotations or sayings: a bird in hand is worth two in the bush, time is money, where there is a will there is a way.
In an imaginative essay, one’s imagination plays a free path. Such subjects as if I were the Prime Minister of India or The Adventures of a rupee fall, under this heading.Are you still struggling with essay paper about your best friend? Get professional assistance from English essay writing service – CustomWritings.com.