- Joint family simply means undivided family i.e. a family in which a number of relatives live together.
- In a joint family, all the members live in the same house. They share most of the things. They each with each other. Women help others in cooking, cleaning, washing and other activities.
- In a joint family, people support each other. If one faces a problem, all the others help him to overcome it.
- However, the culture of joint families is vanishing away. Nowadays, fights arise in petty matters in joint families. Hence most of the people prefer nuclear family.
- A joint family is a boon if all the members love each other. If not, it becomes a serious problem and often leads to fights.