An English summary is a summary of a text that is written in such a way that it retains all the important information of the text but in a simple, easy-to-read way. The summary must be written in the same language as the original text, which means that the summary must be written in English if the original text was written in English. The summary should be as short and concise as possible. A good English summary contains only the essential information and no more.
How do you summarize in English?:
- Identify the most important points of the text and write them down on paper.
- Look up the terms and expressions you don’t understand in a dictionary or a thesaurus.
- Make sure you understand the main idea of the text.
- Ask yourself what is the main point of the text.
- Write your own summary using the information you have just gathered.
- Read your summary aloud to see if it makes sense.
- Rewrite your summary until it is perfect.
What are the 5 parts of a summary?