“& [mention] when We made the House a place of return for the people and [a place of] security. And take, [O believers], from the standing place of Ibrahim (علیه سلام) a place of prayer. And We charged Ibrahim (علیه سلام) and Isma’el (علیه سلام), [saying], “Purify My House (Kaaba) for those who perform Tawaf and those who are staying [there] for worship and those who bow and prostrate [in prayer].” [Al Qur’an 2:125]
In this verse, it has been revealed that, killing, murdering, slaughtering etc. are forbidden in the area of Ka’ba. Even lions, wolves etc. do not prey in this area & return back without preying.
* According to a maxim, a believer is freed from divine punishment (that was due on him because of his misdeeds) when he enters this area.
* It is called Harum (حرم), because hunting, killing etc. are forbidden or haram in this area. (Ahmadi)
* Even, if an accuser enters in the Harum, he will not be punished there. (Mdarik)
* The place of Ibrahim علیه سلام is that stone, on which Ibrahim علیه سلام stood & constructed Ka’ba. The imprints of his holy feet are present even today, on that holy stone.
* Kaaba is located in the center of the earth.
* Birds, planes & even Sun do not come over the Kaaba.
Construction of Kaaba has been done four times in the history.
* Prophet Adam علیه سلام laid the infrastructure of Kaaba.
* Prophet Nuuh علیه سلام reconstructed Kaaba after the great flood.
* Prophet Ibrahim علیه سلام reconstructed Ka’ba with his holy hands. Felicity of bringing stone was for Prophet Isma’el علیه سلام.
* Prophet Muhammad صل الله علیه وسلم also reconstructed Ka’ba.
(Even after Muhammad صل الله علیه وسلم, some modifications were brought. The last modification was done in 1996)
Any mistake, on my part, if found, may please be forgiven.