- Kolkata is the capital of West Bengal.
- It is situated on the banks of the Hooghly river.
- The city is known as “City of Joy”.
- Kolkata was the capital of India for almost 130 years till 1911.
- Its famous desserts are Mishţi Doi, Shondesh, Roshogolla, Laddu.
- Hand pull rickshaw is the heritage symbol of Kolkata tourist enjoy the ride
- Many Nobel laureates belong to the city of joy like Rabindranath Tagore, Abhijeet Banerjee, Mother Teresa etc.
- Victoria memorial, park street, kali ghat, Shantiniketan are a major tourist attraction in the city.
These points can be used by the student and children in essays, paragraphs etc.