- 12 June is celebrated as World Day Against Child Labour by United Nations. It brings government, civil society, NGOs together to highlight the plight of child labourers and what can be done to help them.
- Indian law says employing child labour is a punishable act – Child Labour (Prohibition and Regulation) Act, 1986.
- Child Labour refers to any work which deprives children of childhood.
- Child labour is mainly employed in unorganised sectors like Agriculture, mining, hotels etc.
- Census of 2011 says 10 million child labour in India.