Read this article to know about Adverb. In this unit, we will discuss the following topics:
Adverb Meaning in English
We have learned that adjective modifies a noun or a pronoun. Right? The adverb is also a modifier. However, it modifies or adds to the meaning of a verb, an adjective or even another adverb. Did you get it? Let us understand its use one by one.
As the Modifier of Verb
As the Modifier of Adjective
As the Modifier of Another Adverb
Adverb Examples in Sentences
- His iPhone 7 works fast. (modifies verb)
- Sanam’s bike is quite comfortable. (modifies adjective)
- This laptop is very cheap. (modifies adverb)
- She comes here daily.
- Come here.
- She often wins ludo star game.
- The sea is perfectly calm.
- It is hence proved.
- He never refuses.
Types of Adverb With Examples