Skip to content
- Moon is a natural satellite. It revolves around the earth in a definite orbit.
- It does not have its own light. However, it reflects the light of the sun. This is why it looks glowing in the sky.
- It is mostly made up of rock and other such material. It is dry and does not have an atmosphere. We cannot live on the moon without special dress.
- The moon causes rise in tides in the sea which often leads to sea storms.
- In many religions like Islam, Hinduism etc, the moon holds a significant position. e.g. the beginning of Ramzan and Eid are solely dependent on the appearance of the moon.