- The horse is a domestic animal. It is a mammal i.e. it gives birth to its young ones directly.
- It has been tamed by humans across the world for many centuries. In ancient times, horses were used in wars and also to travel long distances. During that time, horses were the only means of transportation to faraway areas.
- A horse is known for being able to sleep while standing. It is a carnivore animal and eats grass, leaves, grains, etc and not flesh.
- Horses are very important in today’s world as well. We use horses to pull carts, to carry sand from rivers, etc.
- Horses are also used in sports. Horses are an important part of games played during the Olympics.