Skip to content
- The hen is a domestic bird. It has been tamed by humans since time immemorial.
- In spite of having wings and feathers, a hen cannot fly. However, it can take high jumps whenever required.
- A hen lays eggs that are eaten throughout the world. The eggs of hen are very nutritious and healthy.
- In addition to eggs, a hen is also a source of meat. Like eggs, meat is also consumed by humans across the world. It is because of hens that India is able to meet the demands of the growing population.
- A hen does not give birth to its chicks directly. Instead, it lays eggs which then hatch and chicks come out.