- Red Fort is one of the most famous monuments in India. It was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan.
- In Urdu, it is known as Lal Quila because it is made up of Red Sandstone and is thus red in colour.
- Today it is one of the busiest tourist spots in India. People come from all over the world to see the Mughal Architecture.
- Every year on the eve of Independence Day, the Prime Minister of India waives the tricolour flag at Red Fort. Hundreds of people come to see the ceremony.
- In spite of being built hundreds of years back, the building of Red Fort is intact and strong