Skip to content
- Mahatma Gandhi is also known as the Father of India. His photo is inscribed on Indian Nation Rupee.
- He was born on October 2, 1869, in Porbandar, India. On growing up, he went to South Africa and fought against the policy of Apartheid there.
- After coming back to India, he took part in the freedom movement against the British.
- He led many movements like the Non-cooperation Movement, Civil Disobedience Movement, Quit India Movement etc.
- He was shot down by Nathu Ram Godse on January 30, 1948.