Skip to content
- Independence Day is celebrated across world’s largest democracy India on 15th August every year.
- In 1947, on this day, India got independence from British Rule after struggling for many decades.
- It is an official holiday across all the government and private offices and institutions.
- The day is celebrated with great pomp and show across schools, colleges and universities and all other educational institutions.
- In New Delhi, the Prime Minister of India hoists the national flag at Red Fort. Parade takes place. Various other cultural activities are also conducted.