- Holy is an important festival among the believers of Hinduism. It is celebrated throughout India with great pomp and show.
- On this day, people throw colors on each other and play throughout the day.
- Pujas are conducted at homes as well as in the temples. Houses are decorated.
- People exchange sweets, gifts and other valuables among family, friends and neighbors.
- Not only Hindus by people belonging to other religions also take part in this festival and spread the message of love, peace and fraternity.