Skip to content
- Durga Pooja is an important Hindu festival of India. Goddess Durga is worship during the festival across India.
- The festival celebrates the victory of Goddess Durga over Mahisasura (devil).
- It is the most important festival of Bengal. This is also known as Navratri. The first day is known as Mahalaya,
- The idols of Goddess Durga are kept in Pandals generally on the 6th day of Navratri. The Last four days are very important namely Saptami, Ashtami, Navami, and Vijaya-Dashami
- The festival ends with the immersion of the idol of Goddess Durga in water bodies on Vijayadashami.