Ten important points on Yamuna River
- Yamuna river originates from Yamunotri in the Himalayas
- It is the fifth-largest river of India.
- Delhi, Mathura, Agra are located on the banks of river Yamuna.
- Yamuna river joins Ganga river in Allahabad ( Prayagraj). Kumbh Mela organised in allahabad.
- Yamuna river is considered as a sacred river in the Hindu religion.
- Taj Mahal is on the banks of Yamuna river which adds to its beauty.
- River Yamuna originates in Uttarakhand, crosses Haryana, Delhi and joins Ganga in Uttar Pradesh.
- Chambel, Betwa and Ken are important tributaries of Yamuna.
- The Yamuna is considered one of the most polluted rivers of India.
- Yamuna Action Plan to make river pollution-free by treating the sewage water.
These ten lines give you an idea about the Yamuna river. Students can use the ten points in essays, speeches and paragraph on the Yamuna river.