Ten important on WHO
- WHO was founded on 7 April 1948.
- Its headquarter is in Geneva, Switzerland.
- WHO is the world’s leading health organization.
- The theme of World Health Day 2020: Support Nurses and Midwives.
- It works to improve the highest possible level of health.
- Its mission is to promote health, keep the world safe and serve the vulnerable, with measurable impact for people at the country level.
- It works to improve access to essential medicines and health products.
- train the health workforce and advise on labour policies.
- It focuses on women, children’s health all over the world.
- WHO is coordinating the pandemic disease like COVID-19 among various countries affected by the virus.
These ten lines give you an idea about WHO ( World Health Organisation). Students can use the ten points in essays, speeches and paragraph on WHO.