- Water is important for life on Earth.
- 70 % of the earth’s surface is covered with water.
- Freshwater is important for animals, plants, human being which is just 2.5% of all water present in earth rest is saline water.
- Saving water is the focus of all the governments of the world for sustainable development.
- India is a rain-dependent country for its agriculture. The government makes efforts to save this rainwater.
- In India, we made big dams to store water for agriculture, supply water in cities etc. and it also produces electricity. This makes India self-sufficient in food security.
- Many parts of India in summer have a severe scarcity of water. We should not wastewater.
- Water harvesting is a way to recharge groundwater. This helps our cities to sustain themselves for the future.
- One can reduce the wastage of water by using them careful use like gardening, washing cars, washing clothes etc.
- Interconnecting the rivers is an important project to save water in India.