Important points on Taj Mahal
- Taj Mahal is one of the 7 wonders of the world. Nearly 7 million people visit the Taj every year. Taj means Crown of the Palace.
- Taj Mahal was built by Mughal Emperor Shah Jahan in the memory of his beloved wife Mumtaz Mahal. Under the main dome the tomb of both emperor and queen.
- It has become a symbol of love. Its symbol of India’s rich history.
- It is built up of White Marble which makes it one of the most beautiful buildings in the world. Verse of the Holy Quran was inscribed in taj building.
- It is built on the banks of the Yamuna river in Agra.
- The architecture of the Taj Mahal is of Indo – Islamic. It has a main building and four minar which add beauty to it.
- There is one mosque around the Taj Mahal. In front of the building, there are beautiful gardens.
- It is a UNESCO world heritage site. The Taj festival is organised every year in the month of February.
- It took 20 years to build and 1000s of people work to build the taj.
- The Taj Mahal is turning yellow due to pollution. The air pollution is one reason another reason is the Yamuna where which is heavily polluted. Many organisation has stated save the taj campaign.
These ten lines on Taj Mahal in English will give you an idea about what is the Taj Mahal, Where is Taj Mahal located, Who build the taj and various important facts These points can be added in your essay, speech or presentation in schools, colleges and in any other works.