- It is a festival of brother and sister festival in India.
- It falls during the Monsoon season and on the Shravan Purnima of Hindu calendar.
- It shows the relationship of love, care and affection.
- Sister tied a thread on the wrist of her brother.
- Sister to special pooja on this day for her brother.
- Brother gave gifts, presents to his sister and promised to protect her.
- People wear ethnic clothes on this day.
- Sister pray for the wellbeing of her brother.
- In Jammu there is a tradition to fly kite on Raksha Bandhan
- Raksha Bandhan is a festival celebrated across different religions in India.