- Rainy Season starts in India from June every year.
- In India, the rainy season is known as Monsoon season.
- The south-west monsoon brings rains for the next 4 – 5 months.
- It provides relief from hot summer days.
- It is good for agriculture and farmers are happy when it brings good rain.
- Farmers sowed Kharif crops in this season.
- India receives 90 % of rainfall in this period.
- Many important festivals fall during the rainy season in India like Ganesh Chaturthi, Rath yatra, Teej etc.
- Government is focusing on water harvesting during this period. Many small check dams, lakes, ponds etc were made before the rainy season to store rainwater.
- Climate change is affecting rainfalls. It brings excess rainfall in some area and drought in another area.