Ten points on Labour day or May day in English 2020
- May 1 is celebrated as labour day also known as May Day. It is also known as Kamgar Din or Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas, Kamgar Divas, Mazdoor Diwas.
- In 1886, 1st May various labour unions across the US went on strike demanding for paid leaves, good wages and proper breaks and eight-hour work in a day.
- Eight-hour work in a day has become a norm for working labour across the globe.
- Labour day is a holiday to celebrate the working class across the countries.
- Labour day is also observed as International Workers’ Day.
- In India, the first labour day is celebrated in 1923 by the Labour Kisan Party of Hindustan.
- The theme of this year is The World Day for Safety and Health at Work 2020.
- Indian have a separate ‘Ministry of Labour’ which works on the welfare of the working class.
- In the United States of America, labour day is celebrated on the first Monday of September.
- Various rallies, events and discussions were held to highlight the issues of the working class.
These ten lines give you an idea about May Day. Students can use the ten points in essays, speeches and paragraph on Labour Day .