Skip to content
Ten important points on Kargil war and Kargil Diwas
- Kargil war took place in 1999 in the Kargil region of Jammu and Kashmir.
- The war started on 3 May and ended on 26 July 1999.
- 26 JULY is celebrated as Kargil Diwas.
- The day is commemorated as the victory over Pakistan.
- The Prime Minister and other dignitaries pay homage in Amar Jawan Jyoti in New Delhi.
- More than 2 lakh Indian arm forces take part in the war.
- This is celebrated in schools and colleges.
- India shows its courage and status to the world by winning the war.
- The Amr forces won 4 Paramvir and 12 Mahavir Chakra in the war.
- The war was covered by television and people saw for the first time what was happening in the war area.