Ten points on Kalpana Chawla
- Kalpana Chawala was the first Indian woman astronaut.
- She was born on 17 March 1962 in Karnal, Punjab.
- She has done schooling from Tagore Baal Niketan Senior Secondary School and B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering from Punjab Engineering College, Chandigarh.
- She was inspired by JRD Tata who was the first pilot of India.
- She earned a PhD in aerospace engineering in 1988 from the University of Colorado Boulder.
- After becoming a citizen of the USA she applied for the NASA Astronaut Corps in 1991.
- She was selected for her first mission 1997, she was part of a seven-member crew in the space shuttle Columbia on flight STS-87.
- In 2003 PM of India named meteorological series of satellites MetSat to “Kalpana 1”
- She was selected for the second mission in 2000; the mission was finally STS-107 started in January 2003.
- She died on 1 February 2003 in a Space Shuttle Columbia accident.
Essay on Kalpana Chawla in simple English language. These points help students and children to know more about the first spacewoman form India. She is the inspirations of many young minds in the world. Ten lines on Kalpana Chawla. Important facts on Kalpana Chawla. These points can be added in your essay, speech or presentation in schools, colleges and in any other works.