- Jawaharlal Nehru was the first Prime Minister of India.
- He was born in Allahabad. His father’s name was Motilal Nehru and mother’s name was Swaruprani Thussu.
- His birthday 14 November is celebrated as Children’s day.
- Nehru is still known for spreading secularism, democracy, socialism in India.
- Nehru gave his famous Tryst with Destination on midnight of 14-15 August in 1947.
- He established IITs, IIMs, and AIMMs like world-class institutes after independence.
- He is recognised as a world leader. Policy on Non-Alignment was his brainchild.
- Five Year Plans were made to bring fast development in India started during his tenure.
- Indra Gandhi was his daughter who became the first lady Prime Minister of India.
- He died on 27 May 1964 due to a heart attack.