Important points on Independence Day
- India got independence on 15 August 1947.
- After struggling for 200 years for independence India got its independence from the British.
- Lakhs of people sacrificed their lives during the freedom of struggle.
- It is a National festival. It is celebrated all over India. It is a national holiday.
- The Prime Minister of India hoist Flag in Red Fort.
- In every state Chief Minister of that state host the flag.
- Jawaharlal Nehru was the first PM to hoist the flag.
- When the flag is unfurled people sing National Song ‘ Jan Gan Man’.
- The Prime Minister gave a speech from the Red Fort addressing the nation. It is live telecast on Tv, radio, internet etc.
- Various cultural events take place to celebrate the day.
Ten Lines on Independence Day of India for Children and Students simple language. Ten important lines about Independence Day of India in English for your Kids. These points can be added in your essay, speech or presentation in schools, colleges and in any other works.