1. Harivansh Rai Bachchan was born on 27 November 1907 in Amod village near Prayag.
2. His original name was Harivansh Rai Srivastav.
3. He was called ‘Bachchan’ at home meaning ‘child’, after which he used bacchan as his surname.
4. He was an Indian poet and writer of the Nayi Kavita literary movement in Hindi literature.
5. He was also a poet of the Hindi Kavi Sammelan.
6. He was the poet of masses and his poetries are great gifts to literature.
7. He is best known for his early work Madhushala.
8. He was fluent in Hindi, English and Urdu.
9. A big star of Hindi poetry passed away on January 18, 2003 at the age of 96.
10. His death was a great loss to Hindi literature.