1. Haridwar is one of the most popular Hindu pilgrimage places.
2. River Ganges enters the North Indian plains at Haridwar.
3. Haridwar is also called as Gateway to Gods.
4. It is also known by the names of Mayapuri, Kapila and Gangadwar.
5. Hindu devotees gather to offer prayers on auspicious occasions.
6. It is one of the famous religious destinations of the Hindus.
7. It is a small city having a large number of temples and bathing ghats.
8. Mansa Devi and Chandi Devi temples are famous temples.
9. The scenes of the ghats are charming.
10. It is known for its ravishing scenery, religious significance, tourism, and for its admirable culture in Indian history.