1. Hard disks are flat circular plates meant for storage of data.
2. It is made of aluminum or glass and coated with a magnetic material.
3. Data is stored on their surfaces in concentric tracks.
4. Hard Disk Drive is a type of secondary memory.
5. It can store large amounts of data and has high storage capacity.
6. Data can be stored on a hard disk for a long time.
7. It is a hand held device, portable in nature.
8. It provides additional storage space for saving data.
9. SATA, PATA, SCSI and SSD are the types of hard drives.
10. It is a type of non volatile storage, retaining stored data when powered off.