Ten Important points on Ganga
- Ganga originates at Gangotri in Uttarakhand.
- The mainstream of Ganga begins when two tributaries Bhagarati and Alaknanda meet at Devprayag.
- River Ganga is considered the most sacred river in the Hindu religion.
- The Ganga is the line of north India. It flows through the state of Uttarakhand, Uttar Pradesh, Bihar and West Bengal.
- The River Ganga joins Brahmaputra river in Bangladesh and is known as river Padma.
- The Major tributaries of Ganga are Yamuna, Kosi, Gandak, Gomati etc.
- The Ganga plain is one of the most fertile plains in the world.
- Namami Gange is a National project to clean the river Ganga.
- According to Hindu Mythology, those cremated in Varasni get salvation instantly.
- Hindus consider the waters of the Ganges to be both pure and purifying.
These ten lines give you an idea about River Ganga. Students can use the ten points in essays, speeches and paragraph on Ganga