Ten important points and significance of Durga puja are
- Durga Pooja is an important Hindu festival of India. Goddess Durga is worship during the festival across India.
- The festival celebrates the victory of Goddess Durga over Mahisasura (devil).
- It is the most important festival of Bengal. This is also known as Navratri. The first day is known as Mahalaya.
- Durga is a symbol of shakti in Hindu tradition.
- The idols of Goddess Durga are kept in Pandals generally on the 6th day of Navratri.
- The Last four days are very important namely Saptami, Ashtami, Navami, and Vijaya-Dashami.
- The pandals were designed especially for this occasion. In Kolkata, the cost of pandals maybe half a million dollar.
- Devotees took fast for nine days during Navratri.
- The occasion connects the new generation with the traditions and customs of the people.
- The festival ends with the immersion of the idol of Goddess Durga in water bodies on Vijayadashami.
10 lines on Durga puja. Ten important points about Durga puja in English. These points can be added in your essay, speech or presentation in schools, colleges and in any other works.