Ten important points on Dronachrya Award
- Dronacharya Award is given to coaches and established in 1985.
- It is officially known as Dronacharya Award for Outstanding Coaches in Sports and Games.
- The award is named after a guru from epic Mahabharat Guru Drona.
- This award is given to the coaches who have trained the sportspersons who achieve eminent success.
- The award prize is 5 lakh rupees.
- It is an annual award to get nominated the person has to perform excellently for the last four consecutive years.
- The ministry of Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports give the award.
- Coaches from Olympic Games, Paralympic Games, Asian Games, Commonwealth Games, World Championship and World Cup along with Cricket, Indigenous Games, and Parasports
- The awardee gets a certificate, a bronze statue of Dronacharya, ceremonial dress and cash.
- The nomination received till 30 of April every year and a selection committee of ten eminent people will decide the award. Om Prakash Bhardwaj, Balachandra Bhaskar Bhagwat, and O.M. Nambiar were the first who received the award.