Skip to content
- West Bengal is a state in the eastern part of India.
- It used to be united with Bangladesh to form a unified state of Bengal before the partition.
- Bengal is a beautiful state with the Himalayas in the north and the Bay of Bengal in the South.
- The capital of West Bengal is Kolkata.
- Kolkata used to be the old capital of British India.
- So, there are many British monuments in Kolkata such as Victoria Memorial and Fort William.
- Kolkata is famous for its culture and food.
- Famous poets such as Rabindranath Tagore and Kazi Nazrul Islam are from Bengal.
- Bengali films have gained great eminence all over the globe, thanks to great directors such as Satyajit Ray and Mrinal Sen.
- Bengali is the language spoken in both West Bengal and Bangladesh, although dialects differ according to region.