Skip to content
- A landslide is described as a mass of rock, debris or earth moving down a slope.
- It is a form of mass waste under the direct influence of gravity.
- It indicates any down-slope movement of rock and soil.
- The word landslide encompasses five forms of slope movement, topples, falls, spreads, slides and flows.
- It occurs when the natural slope of a mountain is disturbed. 6. It can happen due to earthquakes as shaking of ground disturbs the slopes.
- Heavy rainfall also makes the soil particles loose and it flows down the slope.
- It is also caused by deforestation.
- Deforestation makes the soil open and more susceptible to landslides.
- We should plant more trees to check landslides.