- International Labour Day is also called International Workers’ Day.
- It is celebrated every year in May 1.
- This celebration began in the year 1889.
- In India, it is known as Antarrashtriya Shramik Diwas
- The Second International, an organisation of socialist and labour parties, announced that May 1 would be marked as International Workers’ Day.
- The theme in the year 2022 was Universal Social Protection to End Child Labor.
- Its main goal is to promote the rights of working class and prevent them from exploitation.
- It begun with a concept that started the eight hour movement thus promoting a schedule of eight hours for labour, eight hours for recreation, and eight hours for rest.
- It is a day to pay tribute to all the workers
10. It also focuses on the achievements and contributions of workers.