Skip to content
- Chhattisgarh is a landlocked state present in central India.
- It is 9th largest in terms of area and 17th largest in terms of population.
- It was granted statehood on Ist november 2000 with Raipur as its capital.
- Mahanadi is the major river contributing to the fertility of soil of the state.
- The state is also known as the “rice bowl of India”.
- Agriculture is the chief economic occupation of the state.
- The state ranks third in terms of forest cover area.
- Hindi is the official language of the state with chhattisgarhi as an additional one.
- “Wild asian buffalo” is the state animal, “Hill mynah” is the national bird and “Sal tree” is the state tree of Chhattisgarh.
10.It is one of the fastest developing states in India.